In October 2008, Emory University implemented a new registration system. This system had a negative impact on the online conversion rate for our students. The goal of this project is to improve the website conversion rate by streamlining and enhancing the online shopping cart.
- Provide clear direction for users on how to progress through the checkout process
- Place navigational elements in more intuitive locations
- Remove distracting elements and background colors
- Limit the number of links leading away from the checkout process
Baseline Metrics Prior to Launch
- October 1, 2008: Emory implemented a new online registration system
- Oct 2008 through Nov of 2008: the ECLL website generated a 1.46% conversion rate
- November 2008: JMH streamlined the checkout process
JMH streamlined the checkout process and, as a result, ECLL saw its conversion rates increase by 53% to 2.24%.